Monday, December 28, 2009

making memories

The house is bustling with the sounds of games...pac man, pole position, guitar hero, and wake boarding. My husband and kids are all enjoying their new toys and getting reacquainted with old ones. I find myself doing random stuff all the while listening to their laughter, cheers, and challenges.

Many would say that what needs to be done isn't getting accomplished. I would argue that opinion. There may be dishes to wash, clothes that need laundered and put away and rooms to tidy up but bigger fish are a fryin if you will. What is getting accomplished is time together talking, laughing, and just enjoying each others company.

Before to long all I'll be left with is a house to clean as my kids will have moved on & out. So today instead of making things...clean...I'll make some memories with my family. They'll remember those far more than if their jeans were washed or not.

Here's to making memories!~

No comments: