Well, Christmas Eve was spent with the Van Ness' family. Our arrival there was a little later this year as we attended their Christmas Eve service. The usual cheese ball, veggie tray & shrimp cocktail kicked off the evening. Next was the gift exchange and then off to services. It was a beautiful sight as we walked out of the church afterward...the biggest snow flakes ever were gently falling from the sky! My son twirled about as he caught the flakes on his nose, tongue and eye lashes. I love when the "little" kid in him shows up! The falling snow was short lived as it diminished as we drove back home. After church we continued the meal with oyster soup and tomato soup (yum), and gathered together to watch a bit of The Christmas story. Such a nice evening.
Christmas morn brought about the usual ....early wake up call! Matt played "Santa" and distributed the gifts. A sign they're growing up...we each took turns opening and reveled in what each received. Here we are 4 days out and they are both saying it's been "the best Christmas ever!" Something I've observed this year is the gratitude in their words, actions, hearts. As a mom that just add to the joy of it all. I was given a beautiful necklace from my son. He asked his dad to take him to Moser Jewelers so he could buy for Kathryn & I. His selections were perfect. That kid amazes me...daily. What a joy!
Christmas afternoon was spent at my moms. And low & behold all were in attendance. Again a great evening...better than expected. We enjoyed good food, conversation, and little ones. Ike has a fascination with "Mac" aka Matt and I enjoyed had to get lap time with Ella singing Deck the Halls. She chimed in with the "fa la la la la's". So sweet. That's the good stuff!
Sunday had me home bound in the am. I was spent. Later in the day Kate & I took a road trip to Muncie to get a shirt and few items for EJ, The boys all gathered at the Van Ness' to watch football.
Monday = more family time. Back to the Van Ness' to have time with John, Mandy & kids! I didn't mention before but Mark was home over Christmas. It's been 2 years since he's been here so much time has been spent with him. It's always good to see John & his family. Such a fun group.
I made it to the Dr. (finally). Ugh....many prescriptions later... I'm sure i'll be on the mend in no time. Sinus infection, ear infection, chest congestion, mouth full of canker sores...(brought out from all the infection), and a cough that is NOT productive. Per Dr's orders I'm not to go 2 months suffering anymore! lol. OK!
Today - Tuesday, I'm feeling better not great but better. Sure to be back to normal soon. We're soon to be off to the Grant 4 basketball tournament. Matt is with a friend today, so needless to say I'm missing him. But he is having a blast I'm sure.
I do love this time of year. Even all the hectic craziness that comes with it. Christmas is certainly something worth keeping in your hear all year long!
Looking forward to 2011.
Blessed!


No comments:
Post a Comment