Monday, June 20, 2011

mid june...2011

sometime ago i decided to put the golden rule in to practice.  we've all heard it, been advised to use it and often like to offer it up as advice to others.  you know how it goes...'do unto others as you would have them do unto you'.  it's a simple principle really yet the stuff of this life can make the simplicity of it oh so challenging at times.  in addition i've done my best to be more conscious of others' feelings, situations, and differences that in many occasions might've set us apart, i've tried to allow them to connect me with others as opposed to disconnect which is often the easier route.  i have also increased my communication with God.  not just in the form of prayer but for me and Him it's been more like conversation.  the results thus far....INCREDIBLE if you ask me.

not that life has been with out irritations, annoyances, fits, & frustrations, but those have been far overshadowed by the blessing that i've been able to recognize and accept.  friendships, acquaintances, and the thing that has stood out the most....God's hand in all of it and the power of prayer. 

i've realized i'm not alone in the boat of frustration.  i'm not the only one who cries out to God.  He has made it easier for me to recognize the blessing and allowed me to more assuredly to go about this life knowing His plan is and has been in place.  i just had to be open to it and receptive to whatever the out come may be. 

i am at peace but not complacent. 

it's not my place to ask 'why?' but to do as He has called me to do.  i've realized this principle when put into practice has at times been questioned and perhaps even a time or two made others uncomfortable...but for me it just feels right.  and truth be told...i like it. 

i'm not perfect....would NEVER claim to be...for i'm a work in progress.  and i'm working on being the best God would have me be.  Loving, accepting, forgiving.  .....all without judgement.  it's the without judgement that tends to be the biggest stumbling block, but i'm working on it.  because if you know me you know i have an opinion. (lol) 

i've learned i cannot control what others do or think but i can control what i say and do and how i allow others to affect me and where i go from there. 

it's been the best experiment so far!  and you my friend have been just one of my many blessings.

as the rain falls, the thunder booms, and the lightening pops i'm reminded just how great our God is.  to Him be the glory!

happy monday all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday to you as well Kelly! I enjoyed this blog more than any that I've read!! It makes me think and want to be inspired about what motivates my actions from day to day. I appreciate your words a great deal and take them very much to heart! I am so thankful for the overpowering contentment that I feel today with my life!! I only wish that I could feel this much at peace all of the time. Keep writing! I am seriously cinsidering a blog of my own! You see, for a lot years I said that I could write a book, but lost faith in myself somewhere along the line. Recently I have been praying to regain that part of myself back. I do strongly believe God answers my prayers.Do you suppose this is the beginning to another answer to my prayers?! I think that we already know the answer to that question. Don't we?

kelly van ness said...

Jessica! with out a doubt it's an answer! get to blogging woman! it's so freeing! :) if you need help getting started let me know!

you have def. been a blessing & His timing for us was perfection!