Matthew that is! What an amazing 180 has taken place in his personality. It's the kid we all know and love! Returned from some dark place he was forced to go. It's so refreshing and yet sad all at the same time. He hasn't balked at going with us to ballgames, outings, church, youth, etc...rather he's up and at it & usually one of the first ready to go! And once we arrive where ever, it's not long before he's with his friends.
I give praises to the Lord that my son was/is strong enough, and confident enough in himself and knows that "the Lord doesn't make junk" that he didn't resort to harming himself like so many kids who feel bullied, left out, shoved aside, overlooked do. I am thankful that as parents Andy and I kept lines of communication open with our kids and that they felt safe enough to express their concerns and share what was happening during the course of their day, something most teens choose not to. I am thankful to the Lord for the clarity and strength to do what I needed to do for my son, and our family.
Phone calls to parents I feel would've been futile, and frankly where do you stop. As far as Administration goes, well....it is what it is and until the board decides on a change it will remain the same.
I do want to correct or clear up something that I have put out there regarding the school I withdrew our son from. There are teachers in that building who care immensely. And they are very good teachers at that. The quality of teachers and education is the primary reason we selected this particular school system. It's not perfect and I am sure many other systems deal with similar problems as ours but over all I would be hard pressed to speak a negative word against MOST of the teaching staff. (you can read about one in particular in a previous blog from 2010 I believe)
Regardless, our son is BACK and thriving! and it's only been a week! As he left this morning with his dad for the next couple of days he grabbed his new text books, and said he'd besure to "face time" me so that we could go over his lessons. Wow initiative at that! It's as though he's matured 4 years already!
He's a great kid and such a joy. Such a BLESSING! Thanks to everyone for all the prayers.


No comments:
Post a Comment