well, it's been quite a while so i will start with a quick up to date synopsis of what's been happening with all of us.
Kat ended her cheering for the year as football season came to a quick end with a loss in the first sectional game. Time off didn't last for long though as swim got underway almost immediately. This is a new adventure for all of us! Early morning practices, up to 3 meets a week and quality coaching! She kicked off the season with an invitational at Norwell. Oak Hill took second place just barely getting edged out by Jay County. Kat swam in 3 events and did well. Most importantly she didn't drown! I think the thing that I enjoyed most about this meet was the time with my daughter on the ride home. She was all smiles, ear to ear I tell you! I asked her why the big smiles and she said 'Coach'! He was complimentary and encouraging and she wasn't quite sure how to take it or what to think of it! Next she commented how supportive her teammates were. Everyone encouraged one another. As the days passed and more practices were held and meets swam in the spring in her step, smile on her face and overall attitude have improved! For a mom this is probably the most refreshing aspect and best reward for the time a child spends away from family and engaged in a sport.
Matt decided to swim as well. YAY! He doesn't say much but just the fact that there's never any hesitation on his part to get up at 5 a.m. to get to practice and his head isn't hung at the end of the day tells me all I need to know. He's having a similar experience as Kat. It'll be fun to see the apart of the same team and encouraging their friends as well as one another. And I even heard him utter the words..."mom, I like school!" Who would've thought. YaY! I felt as thought this day would come. What a difference a year makes. (and a building, & maturity)
Andy is doing well. I don't know how he does half of what he does. He works circles around me! No way could I ever begin to keep up! Amboy is about 95% finished (or more) and we're still trusting in God and His timing for a buyer so we can move. This has truly been a lesson in patience.
Me, well....I'm working at our churches preschool with some pretty amazing 2 year olds. And doing what I enjoy the most, being a mom. I've found myself more stingy lately with time fighting for time together with all 4 of us. The kids are growing up and time is fleeting and although the future excites me I can't deny the panic that sets in knowing that sooner rather than later the day will come when I can't hug them daily at will. eek! I'm also trying to give my kids their space, especially my daughter. I'm so thankful and blessed she's such a good kid and not like me! I was never too sure how I'd be as a parent and often said I didn't want kids. It just goes to show ya that God knows what He's doing! I thank Him endlessly for my two! They're more than I ever thought I'd deserve.
Houses....well, Amboy is for sale! Swayzee house is still on hold for remodeling (one thing at a time please) and we're under contract for our dream home. Faithfully awaiting a buyer so we can move forward.
We just celebrated Thanksgiving. It was the 2nd one without my mom. I've been missing her a lot this week! I thought of the phone call I would've gotten when we received our first snow, the phone call alerting me to the start of the Macy Parade and wishing me a happy Thanksgiving, the phone calls throughout the day Black Friday inquiring about our shopping experiences, crowds, buys and most importantly ...where are you going to eat! On Saturday after the PU win v. iu, we stopped for supper and the kids talked nonstop about our family traditions. And they too expressed how much they miss mamaw mo. I know this put a smile on her face. And I prayed she'd visit each of them that night.
So, that's us...all up to date and preparing for the holiday season! Can't believe the year is coming to an end. I'm looking forward to the month of December. Family gatherings, Christmas parties, surprises for secret santas, and the over all spirit of the season. December is such a hopeful month I think and a fine way to end a year. Bring it on! 2013 I've got you in my sights!


No comments:
Post a Comment