Sunday, July 14, 2013

Perfection is most certainly undefined and is most likely ever changing.  That excites me.  I've never really been one to strive for perfection as I'm not a huge fan of disappointment.  Yesterday however was pretty close to perfection.  The plan: a day on a boat with good friends.  The plan was a success.  It's hard to call a day perfect when my kiddo's are not involved yet yesterday was pretty close. Everything just played out perfectly.  Andy & I were able to sleep until we no longer needed to.  Matt had the opportunity to work and called me on his lunch break all excited because he had made $30 in tips in his first hour!  Not bad for a 15 year old...$37.25 is pretty outstanding for one hour of work!  Kat picked up hours as well, which is a good thing as she's planning for spring break 2014 and has a plane ticket to buy!  That left Andy & I to have our own adventure.  It was a most beautiful date day boating on the reservoir and wrapping up the day with some BBQ from Jefferson St. in Converse.  YUM!  And then we relaxed.  ....even more!   Kat came home, Matt spent the night with his 2 favorite people (Ed & Ej) and with the setting of a gorgeous sun the day was done.  Perfection ....at least for me, for the day!

Today hasn't been too far off.  Even though I'm cleaning I feel lucky to get to do so.  I'm in the home of our dreams, things are not too messy!  (major accomplishment) Andy is willing and able to do stuff outside as well and tonight Kat & I will return to MCT for continued rehearsal for OLIVER!

I'm astounded how quickly time is flying by!  Over the course of the next month the following events will take place....register for school my Sr. & Soph, Stroup & Cox reunions, Cheer camp, AND applying to college!  WOW!  throw in a few bon fires, over-nighters, and a supper club outing and wowzeers we've got a fun filled month ahead of us!  I'm so excited for each upcoming day!  So many opportunities for fun and fellowship with others!

There are sure to be downs to accompany the ups but knowing each moment passes and God willing we're blessed with new ones it's hard to not to get excited for all that is in store.

Blessings all...

No comments: