Being alone isn't an easy thing for many people. Grandma mo hated it. I enjoy it. I think it's important to be able to be alone and be alright with it. It's can be tough at times because our minds tend to race and often it's our own thoughts that we don't like or that make us uncomfortable. For me it's a time of contemplation, reflection and a time to listen. Many times its in those moments alone that I am able to see a bit more clearly, hear a bit more clearly what God has in store for me.
Being alone is a time for rest as well. Society is so so busy these days with so many demands on time and with social media it's possible to be connected 24/7. It's good to be able to disconnect, unplug if you will and just be.
So set some time aside weekly to be. Just be. Just time with yourself for yourself. Listen to the sounds around you. Talk to your heavenly Father and clear your mind.
You've got to be able to stand yourself if you want other to.


No comments:
Post a Comment