Ahh Mother's Day.... 2015 edition. Sometimes I'm not really all that sure what to feel or think about this day honestly. I'm thankful every day that I'm a mom. Often surprised by the fact that I am as it wasn't really something I thought I'd be. I'm reflective of my mom and our forever evolving relationship with one another and life without her since her passing.
On this day I can't help but to think about many moms. Moms who've influenced me in on way or another. Moms who at times have seemed less than deserving of such blessings and those who long to be moms but for whatever reason their time just hasn't yet come, or may never.
Today I've thought a lot about my moms friends. I smile and am touched by their kind words, encouraging words and thoughtfulness DAILY on my fav, Facebook. I think how happy mom would be that they're in touch, keeping tabs, and just straight up being supportive. My mom valued her friendships and relationships so much. They were a driving force for her for many years! She did all within her power to keep alive connections and friendships from her many paths in life. And frankly did it quite well.
I'm quite certain my mom didn't have conversations with those who have connected with me via the modern day social site, asking them to keep me in their thoughts, to send me bits of encouragement, or to humor me with a "like" that sends the message 'I'm listening' but they do it anyway. And without a doubt it all stems from a friendship they've had with my amazing mom, and perhaps somehow in me they see or are reminded of her. I too have come to value those friendships.
Mom isn't here this day, but last night alone I saw many of her friends who shared a smile, hugs, kind words and who undoubtedly knew that today, like many other days I'd be missing her a bit more.
I like hugs & smiles & kind words & "likes". I like how they make me think of my mom and all the things good she brought to this world. I like that I'm reminded just how important relationships are.
Happy Mother's day ladies! Happy Mother's day to me as well!


No comments:
Post a Comment