Thursday, May 28, 2009

turn, turn, turn...

So it goes... Life, if we're lucky a new day hands us endless opportunities. New beginnings and reflections of the past. Recently I heard Joel Olsteen present his sermon and he recited an old yet familiar saying:
  1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
  2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
  3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
  4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
  5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
  6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
  7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
  8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
I was unaware this was actually a bible verse from Ecclesiastes 3:1. Any way, this verse resonated over and over in my head recently and I could not understand why? It was a little voice inside my head if you will. However in my opinion it was God's voice and how lucky I feel that I was able to hear it. Now, weather or not I reacted according to His plan I don't know, but I think I did. I sense the calm and peace that comes with trusting in Him and that is AWESOME!

I find it ironic that we're approaching a new season, summer and the end of what has been my 'job' for the last 4 years. I'm finding new strength, new inspiration, motivation and courage that I never knew I had. I'm thankful for that. I don't think it's okay to always turn the other cheek, to look the other way, or to pretend things are anyway other than how they actually are.

I was told one time to not "speak on emotion" and it was suggested that there was no room for emotion in my situation. I don't want to imagine a life with out emotion. But it clarified for me the life others choose to live. It's just not for me. (there's a blessing there)

I am who I am. My kids tease and my husband laughs because I shed tears so easily. It's not an imbalance...it's just my way of continually being happy for successes, happy endings, etc... It's being awe inspired by my surroundings. Seriously...it's the little things that if you look closely will surely put a smile on your face.

So, to this turn, turn, turn of events, changes that are bound to take place I look forward to the new and even more awesome opportunities that await. Smile people, feel something today! let your heart come alive with the promise that today holds.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice to see you in blog world. I like your sidebar...mother of two, wife to one. Glad you haven't joined Warren Jeffs out west. Keep blogging. It really is cathartic!