Friday, October 2, 2009

Have Grain Truck will haul stuff...lol

So, as I was working last night like the nights before my family came in for some good eats. As usual they sat at the 1st table near the register so we all could have converstaions with each other. (it was during breaks they were there and we were slow) As I handed Andy his meal he offers up this bit of information "Oh, by the way...I bought a grain truck" and with nothing else said he proceeded to dig in to his rib sandwich.

Hummm...a grain truck. We live in TOWN, we own 3 vehicles, 3 4-wheelers, numerous bikes, have a 2 car garage that is unable to fit a car in it and now we are the proud owners of a grain truck.

"Why?" I asked. To which he replied "to haul stuff". (silly me) So, if you need anything hauled - Andy's your man. He has a GRAIN TRUCK!

Interestingly enough the boys (18yrs. old) thought this to be a perfectly normal purchase. Evidently there's a male gene that generates an urge for big trucks, grain or otherwise because I've NEVER heard tell of a woman seeking & finding & purchasing a grain truck. Did I mention we don't grow nor have ever needed to haul grain. Did I mention we do own a pick up truck and have used it to haul "stuff".

Anyway, It's things like this that make me chuckle and leave me dumbfounded, bewildered and confused, amused all at the same time.

I wonder...what would he say if I came home with ....I don't even know, I can't imagine what I'd purchase without running it past him first. Perhaps it's payback for the 2 free kittens I pick up 6 years ago. Who knows? Regardless...I love him...Grain Truck & all!

No comments: