Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just some thoughts

Just got home early Wednesday morning from Kids Hope USA training in Boulder, Co. The training was awesome and inspiring. I hope I can do the program justice.

I grew up always thinking i wanted to live in Boulder, CO. Of course my only exposure to it was from the opening credits of the Mork & Mindy show. But, it was awe inspiring enough to make me want to leave home. I have to say...it didn't disappoint! Beautiful mountains in every direction and even though the temperature was comfortable on the ground and there was no precipitation, I could look up and just about any direction and see a snow capped mountain! Absolutely beautiful. I am looking forward to a return to the area someday!

Airports ~ I like them. I like watching all the people and wondering who they are, where they're going, what's their story. There are so many stories to be told.

I did witness something a bit disturbing though. So many things can be viewed as "complicated" even for able bodied people. In front of me was an older lady in her 60's-70's traveling with another woman. Together the two of them were trying to navigate the airport with all it's policies and technologies not to mention all the while trying to keep track of their bags and each other. Sadly on 2 occasions they were spoken to as though they were complete idiots. As questions continued to be asked and answers processed it became clear to me that one of the ladies was afflicted with a mental handicap ~ despite her appearance. Ever changing - life had to be difficult for this woman and unfortunately it is sad that she was spoken down to.

Food - I think I've developed an obsession or passion for it. I'm not sure which. All I know is I appreciate good tasting food. An avid fan of the food channel and shows that feature anything food related I've came to a conclusion that appearance really doesn't matter. It has to be about the taste. Yes, taste my friends is subjective so...Here's to good tasting food!

Coke - It's my favorite beverage. Over the course of my 43 years I've tried other beverages but time and time again I am convinced that the Coke company has the BEST recipe for a refreshing beverage. Coke...not diet, not pepsi, not mt. dew, not root beer, not dr. pepper...COKE! it refreshes, it helps move the gases along and ultimately satisfies the thirst! It is the pause that refreshes - the REAL THING!

Relationships ~ Folks, we're called by our Heavenly Father to enter into them. I would like to challenge all of you to do just that. And don't keep it safe. Seek out and enter into a relationship that might take you out of your comfort zone. Who know's what might come from it. God knows and with Him all things are good. Now go & bond! :)

Final thought...Kids are kids, teenagers are teens...remember that when you're trying to figure out their words, motives, actions, & thoughts. You were one once (or perhaps you still are). The brain is still growing, developing & maturing at least until the age of 28. Enjoy them, enbrace them, empower them...just let them be themselves.

No comments: