So I'd say around 15 years ago I was introduced to Emma Ruth Anderson, my husbands grandmother. What a lady. There were several things I admired about her but one of the things she did that I thought was so neat was to journal. She did this just about every day. When she passed away her journals were left in her house, which we purchased and I began to read through them. Wow what a fun trip through time. I didn't start at the beginning rather I started on dates that I knew to be special ie: the birth of my children, holidays etc.... What a joy it was to read and remember those days. In a conversation with my mother-in-law she mentioned that she took my advice and began reading her mothers journals. The journals began in 1976 and she was on 1978. I can't wait to start reading them for myself from start to finish.
Anyway, this made me realize just one of the reasons I enjoy blogging, journaling for the 21st century. I hope to put together a little something daily if possible. Whether it be insight, feelings, memories, recipes, opinion, or just highlights from my day I want to get it all down so that I'll remember. So that my children will know me that much more. I'm sure that all I journal won't be all that interesting but perhaps someday they'll put a smile on someones face and a fond memory will come to mind. So, here it goes...
1/12/2010 (recap)
Took the kids to school today. Burrr it's cold out! I was a pretty peaceful morning ...translation no bickering. lol Ike & PJ seem to be getting along well. I think they've become good friends (our dogs) It's fun to watch them play and run about the house. I didn't meet with Emily, my kids hope kid today. Instead I ran an errand for my mom - peach drink mix from wal-mart- and then attended my Cousin (aunt) Sandy's funeral. Her's was the 5th passing of a family member/friend in the last month. It was kinda weird, the funeral that is. It was SO good to see Joey and meet his wife & kids. His children have his eyes and are beautiful. I wish I knew them. Words can't express how much I miss him. He was like a brother to me growing up who once we were grown up just disappeared. It's been at least 10 years since I'd seen him. I reconnected with Bobby, Lisa & Anne too. Funny how some relationships just take off from where they were while others only become strained over time, distance, and words unspoken. There was a lot of tension at the funeral. How sad.
Work was crazy for about 2 hours tonight. The "buicks" as we affectionaly call them came in like clockwork as did the Evermans, Pipers, Shermans, 4 other regulars, 2 newbies, & a mix at the round table. There's something comforting in seeing the same people week after week. Funny how you don't know all their names yet still feel a connection and miss them when they don't come in. It was a good night.
Andy & the kids went to the OH basketball game. They were defeated by Southwood, and sadly PU lost to OSU at home. Not a good night for the Van Ness' teams. Oh well...My dear friend Michell is called to talk to me. Bip needs our prayers as does the family as they deal with teen angst. (ugh)
Not a bad day as far as days go. Mom was thankful for her drink mix. I was thankful for the washer working properly, seeing long lost family, a fun work place - not to mention the friends & good food, and a loving, chaotic family/home to come home too. Today was a good day.


No comments:
Post a Comment