Tuesday, January 19, 2010

today...1/19-10

What a weekend! over 7200 young people descended on Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg TN over the weekend to celebrate their relationship with Jesus Christ! If that isn't encouraging then I don't know what is. It was such a blessing to experience...thank you pastor Steve for taking our kids!

Today has been a mixed bag for me. Unfortunately I've been suffering with a headache since Friday and haven't been able to get much relief until about 8 o'clock this evening. (ugh) Praise God for it easing up! I took today off work to attend freshman orientation with my daughter. Unfortunately the orientation was canceled. I can't believe she'll be in high school in 7 short months! eek! She's so excited. I am too I suppose but for me all I seem to see is how quickly the next 4 years are going to pass. I can't imagine this house without her in it. But how exciting it is to see what a beautiful young lady she's growing into. I love our relationship and hope it only continues to grow! She's everything I wish I would've been. Thank you God for her!

As I am typing this I look over to see my son...what a fine young man he's growing into. I love that he still wants to cuddle, sit on my lap, give me hugs & kisses. I love that he tells me he doesn't want to grow up because he doesn't ever NOT want to do those things. He's my "lost boy" if you will...I don't think he'll ever truly accept the growing up process.

I remember one time listening to a therapist on a morning show talk about the keys to making a successful marriage/family and she talked about how when 2 become 1 they need to realize that at night...there are 6 in the bed. WHAT??? you might ask! Well, the explanation is this: you take with you into a marriage/family the good/bad from each of your parents, therefore you've got the potential for 6 different personalities forming a union. Knowing that no family is perfect I strive to take the good from mine and leave what I viewed as unsuccessful as growing up at the curb. So far so good! I have been blessed beyond measure and far more than I am deserving of. I am thankful for my family and for Andy's for giving us examples...good, bad or otherwise to build upon.

My little emily, (kids hope) was to have her tonsils out today. I hope she got a long ok. Tomorrow I plan on talking to her mom to see how she's coming along. She's suffered with sore throats all year. Hopefully she'll finish this school year out on a healthy note.

Well...saying prayers for: my brother & his family, my mom, my cousin Joe and his kids, my friends Linsie & Abby & their dad Reece, emily, haiti. giving thanks for: my husband & kids, my home, church & good friends...I am truly blessed.

No comments: