Tuesday, April 13, 2010

whattaweek....

4/13 '10

This is one of those weeks that is anything but 'normal'. (whatever that is)

Sunday we celebrated 'lil Ikes 3rd birthday. So hard to believe he's 3 already. It was a fun time to see him with his friends and family. He really seems to love Uncle Andy. As we left the party I took mom back over to her house and broke the news to her about not being able to take her to her class reunion. I feel sick about not being able to take her myself but my family had just ordered and purchased tickets for our annual trip to the allstar BB game. She chose to be cutting in the manner which she received the news and let me know "she knew she should've had a 3rd child so that at least one would be able to care about her and tend to her." Par for the course of my life. It pretty much sums up my relationship with my mother from birth to today.

As we drove home from the party I had a migraine set in. It totally had me down until about 3 pm Monday. Thankfully I was able to take my KH girl to celebrate her birthday with a movie, The Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Cute movie and I think she really enjoyed it. Once home it dawned on me that NOW was the only time I had to take Kathryn to get her all she needed to be ready for her trip to D.C. She leaves Wednesday evening. So, back into Marion to get her prepared.

Tuesday (today) is starting out beautifully! Andy will not be home tonight. I'll be working and training on a new system at the old Chuckwagon. It's gonna be interesting! Matt has a project due tomorrow. Hopefully Kathryn will be helpful to him if he needs it.

As I mentioned earlier Kate leaves for DC tomorrow and will return early Sunday morning. Thankfully Andy is coming home to see her off as I will be at work. He will then return up north to finish out his week. It'll just be Matt & I. Then come Saturday morning Matthew & I will leave with our club 56 kids from church for the Great Wolf Lodge in Cincinnati for the weekend! I'm sure it'll be a fun time. Andy will be home alone!!!! whatever will he do! I think I'm looking most forward to Sunday evening as we'll all be back together. YEA!

It'll be a week of trust...trusting others to care for my daughter, trusting my son to be responsible when he's home alone, praying for travel mercies for both Kate & Andy and the youth group...so much to give to God. I try to not worry...I know my God can handle it all.

So here's to a crazy week...to coming & going, and to coming home again. I do look forward to the coming home part!

No comments: