Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer...just a few weeks early

Wow have we had some hot beautiful days. It sure doesn't take this little state long to heat up! Now I do love the sun and it's warmth however I could do with out the humidity. It's been that way for me my entire life, perhaps a relocation is in order. What a busy time of year! School is coming to an end :) Memorial Day weekend is approaching and graduation open houses are being held not to mention the annual Swayzee Rummage. (fyi...there's got to be a better time for the rummage!)

As the year winds down my kids are just going through the motions. I don't remember a time when everyone has been so OVER school. The state has decided that our children need to be in the classroom 180 days to have a proper education however I'm not convinced of that. Pretty much they've all checked out! Not to mention the MIA teachers. Oh well...this too shall pass.

Yesterday I had lunch with my friend Heather. It was nice to go out, eat, & laugh. good times... I'm pretty sure I need to do that more often. Andy is still gone ...oh how I miss him when he doesn't come home. Work was crazy...next to nothing until 7p.m. then we filled up! I didn't get home until well after 11. (we close at 9:30) It was so hot and humid at the Chuck - temp set at 64 degrees and it never fell below 83!

I have our end of the year kids hope party today. I'm so glad it's going to be over. I'm realizing I like endings. With that said I'll end this entry!

No comments: