Tuesday, June 1, 2010

first of the summer holidays...done.

What a beautiful weekend we were blessed with in central Indiana. Temps were in the high 80's and the rain held off allowing most folks to enjoy the weekend to it's fullest. We spent our weekend going in different directions. Matt & I worked saturday evening at the chuck, Andy worked at the amboy house and I'm not sure what kate did as she was recovering. Sunday we went to church, lunch at la cha's and then a quick change of clothes and then to the Van Ness'. Ed and Matt grilled hamburgers & polish sausages and Emma Jean had prepared homemade potato salad, fresh strawberries and veggies & dip. YUM! The kids enjoyed riding their 4-wheelers, and we all participated in a rousing round of croquet. Ed was off to an early lead then Matt took over. I stayed right in the hunt for the win with Ed and Matt while Kate & Emma Jean brought up the rear. Kate traded her club for more 4 wheel'n and coaxed her dad to take her spot. Andy rolled through the course with a come from behind lead. Matt and Ed continued to battle it out for second with Matt taking the honors. Third came down to Ed & I but with numerous "chokes" Ed pulled out 3rd! Best come back ever goes to Emma Jean as she pulled away with a 4th place finish leaving me to take last place. The kids really enjoyed playing with grandma & grandpa.

The Indianapolis 500 was ran and Dario Franccini took the checkered flag. This was his 2nd win. The last lap was ran under the yellow flag.

Elves showed up to work in our front room Sunday night late. I woke up to a big difference made in our front room all in preparation for the remodel and rummage. Monday was spent continuing the work that needs to be completed. Or meal was a bit unconventional for memorial day but everyone seemed to want and enjoyed the chili!

Kids get out of school this week, Wednesday! I'm so excited. So ready for the end of the school year.

No comments: