It was about 60 degrees when I walked today and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. What a beautiful morning outside. Inside this morning was a bit frustrating. Free will aka Matthew and I went around and around this morning. Why must he frustrate just for the sake of frustrating. It has to be for frustrations sake because there was no other LOGICAL reason for his obstinate behavior! End result of said behavior, I drove him to school, remainder of morning was quiet, and I was slightly delayed in arriving for my walk. However he arrived at school on time. Now how he conducted himself once inside the building I'll probably never know. Kate on the other hand up, dressed and waiting for her ride patiently & quietly. As of 8:50a.m. my house was down to only 1 occupant.
As I walked this morning I was pondering what it would be like to just wake up, only concern yourself with YOU and get ready. Pretty much these are the conditions my husband faces every morning. While I'm waking up the kids, packing lunches, and constantly moving them along he is upstairs catching a few extra zzzzzz's. 9/10 mornings he misses all the chaos. With that said many times when I return home from my walk he's preparing to leave for the day and amazingly he is GRUMPY! Really?! I just want to ask him...."so, what happened? did you piss yourself off this morning?" Now, I usually get ready for my work day while alone in the house also and I usually do it without pissing myself off.
You see here's where my beloved & I differ. And here's where I don't get most people.
Now, I was frustrated this morning but I experienced the frustration and was done with it. For gosh sakes it was only 7:15 and I had the majority of my day ahead of me. I was going to be alone for a good part of the day and I don't enjoy a pissy me any more than anyone else does. So I made a choice. I chose to not be pissy. The moment came & went. Done & Done if you will. What good could come from me continuing in a mood? Yet, as I telephoned home to see if the hubby wanted to go out for breakfast I was greeted with annoyance in his tone. When I arrived home (delayed by my driving around hoping he'd leave before I got there) I was met with crabbiness. I felt bad for him for he's in for a loooong day and possibly a crappy one at that. Hopefully someone will share a smile with him and his outlook will turn around. (i tried...no luck)
Random thought: I can't seem to get into the whole treadmill, stationary bike craze. I've tried both. Every time I go to the wellness center I hop on the treadmill ready to get my walk on. UGH!!!! I hate it! Not the walking but the not going anywhere. Talk about frustrating. I don't know about you but when I walk I'd like to feel like I'm getting somewhere! literally. I'll occasionally look down at the little red dots depicting my "distance around the track" (ha!) and I just get annoyed. I've not turned a corner, I don't see the next corner, my view hasn't changed therefore I'm going NO WHERE! Talk about frustrating. Based on my annoyance with the treadmill I'm pretty confident that spinning is out of the question! You can bet your sweet bippy if i've pedaling that hard, sweating that much I had better be getting somewhere! Now many of you will tell me "oh you're getting somewhere, with the calories you burn..." yeah yeah, but give me a path, points A & B and send me on my way! And what's with the Lazyboy biker? I'm sure there's a purpose, although to be completely honest I'm really not interested in what it is. I'd rather just enjoy my inner snickering and thoughts...you know like 'I'd really like to get out & ride my bike, if only i could get out of this chair!....OH? you mean I can bike while sitting in a chair?! I'm in!' Well, this whole exercise thing is a process. This I know for sure. I used to be all fit, believe it or not, into body building and all so I know what it takes. More than anything it takes a willing/wanting attitude if a difference is to be made. I just hope I can hang onto that attitude until I achieve my personal goal. Who knows perhaps by that time new habits will be formed.
Praises: my friend who had the spot on the lung is clear as it was just scar tissue!
Prayer: D tore his hamstring, & crabby people! ;P
Loves: my in-laws, church family, family & pets and good friends.
Cheer up a crabby person today & if you're the crabby one ...STOP! chose to not be!


No comments:
Post a Comment