Well before I delve into the reason behind the title let me just say what a beautiful day today is! God is so good. How can you awake to a beautiful sunrise, birds chirping, and the smell of mother nature and not feel blessed?
Had a great night at work last night. Slow but fun. I do enjoy the people I work with. No games last night but forgot to update tuesdays results. Both the 9th grade FB and the 7th grade FB lost that night :/ Wednesday was just filled with practices and meetings. Dad was in charge of all after school events since I was working. Grades for midterms came home. Both kids did well. So proud. Walk was good this morning! Boy is the sun bright in the morning.
While walking my friend and I were discussing Facebook and peoples' status'. I find them interesting. I usually give a lot of thought to my status' except those provoked by another then I act impulsively. I do try not to "PUKE" all over FB land though. And I relly don't have 'dirty laundry' that gets aired. I save that for here ;) (lucky you!) But the ones that intrigue me the most are the RELATIONSHIP STATUS', especially if they're updated by a preteen or teenager. My son recently updated his own to "In A Relationship". Really? You're in a relationship?! You're 12? How's that working out? Something tells me before too much longer there'll be a change reporting to all of FB land that he's "single". And then there are those kids who list their status as "In a relationship but it's complicated". Again...Really? A complicated relationship? Never heard of such a thing! (sarcasm) What relationship isn't complicated to some extent? But if you're married...You're married...you're bound to have complications. If you find your self on a rocky road if you will, which is possible I have to wonder is the FB relationship status the best place to advertise that info? I don't know...just wondering, just thinking aloud. I also am privy to all the Love fests going on! You know the status' that declare "__________ is my life! they complete me!" blech! Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for love and romance and all but I highly doubt that there's a preteen/teen out there that's been completed by another. When I read some of these status' I want to chime in with my own version of the "that's what she said" game only I'll be saying "this week...." So & so completes me 'this week'. I'm in a relationship 'this week'. I <3 ___________ 'this week'.
Come on kids. Get a perspective on what it takes to be in a relationship. What it means to be a partner. Just saying it, declaring it doesn't make it so. And furthermore...what's the hurry. Now is the time to be relationship free! To learn who you are so that when the time comes for you to go deeper in your relationships you're more self-assured and secure with who YOU are that's when you'll be the best you for a relationship. Until then...I'll continue to use you all as examples for my own children. Again just my opinion.
Feeling blessed today for all the people God has put in my path at some point in my 44 years. If you're one of them, know you've been a blessing to me and I thank God for you and your uniqueness! May you have a blessed day!


No comments:
Post a Comment