first things first...Thank you Andy for having stayed home Tuesday night. Such a piece of mind for me & I so appreciate it. Tuesday was nuts at work but oh so fun! Wednesday was a beautiful day that was beyond busy. 2 mile walk, finish up some stuff at the chuck & prep a possible new recipe, hair appointment, matthew's football game @ eastbrook (a win) and then home for a marathon of homework. ugh! This is Andy's gone week so it's extra busy. I've not seen my daughter, quality time wise, in what seems like days. We are 2 ships that pass in the night. Only difference, ships communicate and we've not had the luxury to do so. She's been busy all week with a cheer clinic for the younger girls, in addition to her own practice schedule. I caught a glimpse of her this morning and almost had a conversation...she still looks as cute as ever even running out the door to catch her ride to school. Today there's a nice chill in the air as we had some rain last night and a cold front is moving in, for today at least. Matt is home from school. :( he's fighting a migraine. I hate to see him uncomfortable. Come on meds...kick in. As a result due to the 1001 things I'd like to get accomplished today and the fact that he's home there was no walking for me. :/ And none tomorrow to boot as I'll be helping out with child care for the MOPS program. (prayers please)
And now for a dose of my randomness. (The following will be presented in many forms)
To the subjects of the photo you just posted: Do take note of the puffy redness of your gums and what appears to be a fur coat of a yellow cat on your teeth, I suggest the following: 1) toothbrush & paste 2) minimize the smile until dental hygiene has been implemented. Just a thought.
Dear cheer mom: none of your damn business who I skype with. keep my name out of your mouth. love kelly. ps. that my friends is my grace for today as I didn't take off her head :)
Dear "professional" school employee: I would like to remind you that the e-mail you sent to me in addition to other SCHOOL EMPLOYEES was quite a breech in confidentiality. Shame on you. It was fine the employees received it however I'm no longer one and I'm sure this was a grave mistake on your part. Hummm YOU made a mistake. Interesting. *Much satisfaction was received on my part. Thanks for the e-mail. *satisfaction not in the content, rather in the mailing it's self.
To the pimples forming on the inside of my thighs from walking...WHY??? For Gods sake I'm fat! I get it! but I'm trying my best to take steps to remedy that. Must you take formation in such a sensitive place? Might I recommend my chin? There's plenty of room there for you!
Homework sucks. Yes I'm 44 and not school aged but what held true then is still true today! I've decided it's one of life's truths you can count on! Here's to the stuff in life that really matters!
Hey coach! how do you like that title? Really? you like it? How about trying it out? you know...as in COACHING?! Not a new concept. It is coach right? or is it Drill Sargent? jw.
Pheww...moving on...
I wish I could crack open the head of my son. Not in aggravation, but rather out of curiosity. He's an enigma to me. I feel as there is so much going on with him. And get a great sense that it's complicated. He's so deep, philosophical, emotional and is ALWAYS thinking. He makes my head hurt. This kid is REAL. It's not often you come across someone so young and wise at the same time. (wise= in thought, wisdom) Many kids his age leave me wondering if they have anything going on, up there, at all. Not my Matthew. Words, tone, posturing speak louder to him than anything. Because of that so many people have measured up to just be a disappointment to him. Who knew 2 kids could be so different. Pray Pray & Pray some more. God has quite the plan for him I'm sure. Did I mention prayer....please include matt in those. God knows what I don't.
Well, I've mentioned before that I've been reading Jen Lancaster. I'm approaching the end of what books she has published. I've had to slow down my reading significantly as she's not yet come out with her next book, her blogging is not daily, and I've grown fond of if not addicted to her wit. I swear we were separated at birth! I'm hoping to shop at a bookstore this weekend as we're headed out of town & that were bookstores are...out of town. ;) Next on my list are books by her good friend Stacy Ballis. The first one, Spinster Sisters and her recent release Good Enough to Eat look interesting. Well, they're highly recommended by Mrs. Lancaster herself and having read (and subscribed) to Stacy's blog I do believe I will enjoy her books too. I'll keep you posted.
Well, thanks once again for stopping by. I'm tapped.


No comments:
Post a Comment