Let's play catch up since I've been mia for awhile. Friday night we enjoyed time with my brother his wife over pizza & the Oak Hill v. MG football game. Sadly Oak Hill came up short but we did enjoy our time with them. Saturday we did our normal ....drive to West Lafayette for some BOILERMAKER FOOTBALL! It was a beautiful day! We got to see & visit with Lexie & Haley and the Boilermakers came away with a win! Sunday was filled with worship, Matchette family reunion and youth group. After worship service we had a prayer of blessing for our new addition on our church. It is so AWESOME after many years of planning to actually see the new addition happen. What an exciting future God has in store for us! If that doesn't fire you up I don't know what will. Part of the excitement was looking out at the number of kids who will get to enjoy the new addition and the exciting opportunities it'll bring. Monday brought about my 2mi walk, and Kathryn's ballgame. Unfortunately it was a loss against Tipton. Today I completed my walk with friends, and did what mom needed me to do for her. Tonight...the Chuck! This is Andy's week gone. I'm so thankful that he postponed leaving until Wednesday! I need his "help" or perhaps just knowing he's there is more of what I need.
I've discovered that I am somewhat of a "routine" type of girl. I never really realized this before. Whatever the reason I prefer schedules that are 'set'. I like knowing what I have to do & when. And although I'm quite adaptable to change I'm annoyed by it. I like to be efficient in my outings. I plan my daily course and proceed forward. I believe this is a sign that I'm getting older. Which I am looking forward too! So don't get me wrong I'm not complaining just coming to terms with me.
You know the saying "there's nothing too big with God"? Well I know this with out a doubt and it's not at all God's ability I doubt but mine & mine alone. I've got a mess (understatement of the year!) on my hands and have NO idea where to begin to get out of it. My house. If I were to be completely honest I'd say My houses. We own two. One is completely gutted. And the one we live in is in dire need of its own repair. The problem...it's up to ME to get it in 'shape' so that it CAN be remodeled. And I don't know were to begin. In addition time seems to be a HUGE factor. I'm not wealthy enough to have someone come in and assist or do it and alone I'm completely overwhelmed. Not to mention the level of embarrassment I'd feel having other in her to help. Much of the stuff necessary for the remodel is purchased and occupying space in the house along with scads of other stuff that needs to be dealt with. I don't want a show home. Just a home I can be proud of. It didn't get this way overnight and won't improve in a day; this i know. I just need the kick in the butt to do what needs to be done. I've tried explaining to my husband that I work much better with a deadline. Put my back against the wall & I'll produce. He just doesn't seem convinced.
I dream about the calm that will come when it all gets done. About the meals we will share at a proper table. About the laughter that will echo throughout the house when the kids have their friends over. With the years passing so quickly I fear that so too will the dream. My only wish, want, hope, and need is for my home to be just that.


No comments:
Post a Comment