Beautiful day today...and I guess it's national coming out day...and for the record I've successfully come out of bed, out of the door, out of my car (2x's already) and out of the outdoors. How am I doing? I don't really have an opinion on what this day has been declared, what I do know is that there are folks in this world with different sexual preferences than I and many who are friends. I like them for who they are not how they love. My faith tells me to "hate the sin & love the sinner" seeing as I fall into the sinner category I'm all for that! I too need love and acceptance for who I am. ....that's how I feel about that.
Had an invigorating walk this morning. The sun is taking it's time in shining through the clouds but it's getting there. I'll be having lunch to day with 2 of my favorite college kids. So, I'm looking forward to that. This evening we'll head down to Elwood to watch Kathryn cheer & the freshmen boys get a victory. After today only one more game.
This past weekend was quite a busy one for us. My husband is one of the primary organizers for the mission auction our church puts on. It's quite an undertaking and something he spends all year working on. I must say he does a fine job. Thanks to all that came out & bought it was a success! After the auction had concluded Kate & I took in a movie Easy A and then attended the MHS performance of Hairspray. What an enjoyable day. Sunday proved to be just as enjoyable with church, a quick lunch at home, 1812 and then an evening with the youth of Mt. Olive. Throw in a bon fire and it would have been a perfect day! God is good.
In my previous blog I wrote about character and responsibility. And as I had time this morning I thought some more about it. Being self-righteous is also a character flaw. I want to say in NO WAY do I think I'm better or superior to ANYONE. We were created equal. And I truly believe all people are instinctively good but for whatever reason most will, a time or too, make a poor judgment or choice. It happens to all of us. Sadly it is usually witnessed.
Well, it's a good day I'm sure. Be receptive to the blessing God has in store for you and know you're a blessing to someone. see ya!


No comments:
Post a Comment