Tuesday, November 9, 2010

a mixed bag for sure....

recap: Our family suffered a loss last week with the passing of Brian Buroker. He was one of the finest men I know. And without a doubt he will be greatly missed. Matthew made his return to school on thursday so that he would have the chance to tryout for the basketball team...only to have his fever return resulting in another day home on friday. Friday afternoon we attended Brians viewing and then headed down to Terre Haute for the night. Andy, again has been selected for the state wide deer reduction hunt at Shackamack state park and had to prepare his site first thing saturday morning. Then it was off to W. Lafayettte where Purdue was taking on Wisconsin. We listened to the 1st half of the game while driving to the stadium and once we arrived ....well, it all went down hill for the boilers. I'm beginning to take it personal. :/ Next it was on to the youth bon fire for some bonding with the kiddos. All in all Saturday was a great day, football, time with lex & haley, my boy finally seemed 100%!!!! and I can't recall any fussing. Sunday was a busy day too as Andy & the deciplship team gave a presentation after church, then there was youth...which I was unable to attend and kat's cheer dinner which I did attend. So that is pretty much the weekend update....matt still has 1 more day of tryouts to get through...we're still praying for a positive outcome!

So now for the things that have me puzzeled...and other ponderings:

Why is it ...the whole must be punished for the sins of some? ...those who break the rules continue to go unpunished? ...parents don't let coaches coach? ...you simile and say hello only when others might be watching? ...people tolerate or are afraid to out the craziess who ultimately have an impact on their life & that of their child? ...why are girls mean? ...why the personal attacks on one another?

Sadly as our kids go through this growing up process they often find themsleves "muted" if you will. Speaking up/out results in 1) risking adults & peers thinking you're a "nark". 2) becoming a social outcast 3) some form of bullying. Instead of the 'talk' taking place with the adults/coaches the conversations are held amongst each other with no solutions being offered, instead irritations are deepened. What's it gonna take for someone to stand up and call out those who need to be called out?

"Hi, Kel!" really?!? I know I know it's a simple greeting but it still take's me by surprise when it comes from someone who made a couple of things clear: 1) we are no longer friends & 2) due to the lack of "friendship" I am no longer liked... So do me a favor and save the "hi, kel". It's unnecessary and pathetic when given only in the presence of others. And furthermore...my friends call me Kel and you withdrew your friendship. I must say...for the 1st time ever I didn't reply to the greeting. It was somewhat awkard in the moment but that soon faded as it's much easier to just not be fake.

Well...here's to a warm November week. Boy is Indina crazy in the weather catagory! Good news is...it's sure to change.

No comments: