Wednesday, November 3, 2010

season for loss...or so it seems

Andy called last night from the church to tell me that our family has lost another. Brian Buroker had passed away that day having suffered a massive heart attack. Brian had just beaten cancer and if ever there was a guy full of life it was him. Brian was always smiling, always interested in you & what was going on with your life. I can't remember a time when he didn't ask about my kids or myself. I would love watching him interact with his grand babies at the Matchette reunion. And my heart warmed to see his face light up at the sight of his daughters, grand children and wife. He was full of joy. He will be missed.

As much as fall is my favorite season it has been one that has been full of loss. The passing of my grandma, friend KC Runyan, cousin/uncle Sarah & Sparky Adams, grandpa Anderson. Just to mention a few. Last year alone we had loss after loss during the fall & winter season.

As a Christian we celebrate the homecoming but as humans we know we're gonna miss our loved ones...for the time being.

Today there was frost! woo hoo frost! That means all the ickys are being killed :) yay! Matt is still home. ...Not sure what exactly is going on. Other than he's just not up to par. Hopefully he'll feel well enough sooner rather than later. Not sure how all this will play out with basketball tryouts...hopefully the coaches will work with him. Prayers...please.

So yesterday I put to use a suggestion for supper from my friend Sherri...here's what you do: chicken breast in a crockpot, package of taco seasoning, and jar of salsa, cook on low 6-8; high 4-6. When finished cooking, pull apart chicken, fill flour tortilla with favorite fixings. We chose lettuce, sour cream, cheese and salsa. It was quick, easy & a total hit! Thank Sherri! With out a doubt we'll be enjoying it again. I'm a huge fan of simple cooking...have a recipe you'd like to share...please do! I'm sure I'd love to try it.

Stay warm...temps are dropping. And enjoy your loved ones and don't take a second for granted. You just never know.

RIP Brian Buroker.

No comments: