Some might think this odd, question my experience, rebuke it all together or perhaps....fully understand.
Have you ever felt God, the Holy Spirit? Would you know it if you had? Do only the best Christians get to experience It? Well, I have, I knew with out a doubt what I was feeling and I AM FAR FROM THE BEST CHRISTIAN! What I was, both times I've been blessed by the Holy Spirit was BROKEN. Completely Broken.
The first time was over 16 years ago when I, in a single moment, gave it all to God. I couldn't do it - this thing called life, without Him. It wasn't a fix, flip of a switch and all things were great. But it was a comfort to know He knew my path, my heart. He had a plan and it was perfect.
The second time I felt the Holy Spirit was just over a month ago. I was standing over my mom at 1 a.m.. She was restless, agitated and the swelling had began, the kidneys were shutting down and her mind was not her own. I felt helpless. And in the moment I only knew for sure one thing and that was that my God, her God would have to provide the healing, comfort and peace. In that moment I laid my hands, one on her head & one on her stomach and prayed. Giving it ALL to God. Fully trusting in Him. And again that is when I felt It.
My experience with the Holy Spirit is this....It's the most comforting, calming sensation of what feels like warm water pouring throughout my body. It's a feeling of a place that you just don't want to leave. It's a feeling that leaves you longing for it - again & again.
After each of my experiences this life handed me interesting situations. And trusting & knowing THESE situations were gonna be OK because God was in control has been just one side effect of my time with the Holy Spirit.
My God has known my every need. Has known my heart. Has heard my cries, felt my pain and has willingly taken it all on. My God has blessed me beyond measure. He has loved me without conditions. He has made me want more & more. He has carried me time & time again. He has never failed me.
There's comfort in knowing God has a plan. There's comfort in knowing He knows .....He knows. There's comfort in knowing I can trust in His way, Always!
Thank you God for Everything.


No comments:
Post a Comment