Well, I'm sure you had mixed feelings about the last 2 days.!! On the up side, many people some you know and love dearly got great deals (free) to continue the crafting! And those who paid, well....their deals were pretty awesome too. On the down side, we sold nothing that ended in .98 and everything went CHEAP! With that said we still have a TON of stuff! My goodness you really kept everything!
You were so creative. As I saw item after item leave in the hands of another who shared your passion I would experience bits of panic .....panic that I'd never be able to get another thing that had your touch on it. Not a good feeling. There's something comforting about the signs you painted with all the sayings in addition the floral designs are now a one of a kind. I selected more pieces to add to my already growing collections of MOM made stuffs. Assuring that when the time comes both Kathryn and Matthew will have something from grandma mo to decorate their dwellings with.
Here's the funny of it all. I do have a few creative juices flowing through my veins, I am after all YOUR daughter. And this week my girlfriend expressed her interest in rehabing some of the things she loves and is toying with the idea of having sales or a shop at some point. As I told Eric, I don't enjoy the same kind of crafting as you did. I have no desire to make several items for sale and I absolutely hate to have sales of any kind (thanks!) but do have a desire to make somethings. Random items....and who knows where that will lead. We collectively joked about a day when we'd open a shop called "Monies!" lol NOT!
Anyway, there's still much to go through and much to do! PTL for Kim! I truly just follow her lead. She and Eric keep me informed and reeled in if you will, because you know me, I'd just walk away from it all.
I love you and miss you mom! And if there's one thing I've learned throughout this process it's to THROW STUFF AWAY! Or at the very least re-purpose it or give it to someone who will need/use it more than I! I know for sure when we move there will be a MAJOR PURGE of all previously owned items.!


No comments:
Post a Comment