Thursday, January 5, 2012

OH NO.....MY KNEES ARE FAT! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN????

Yes you read the title correct and it's not a metaphor for anything it's straight up FACT :/ 

My knees are fat. 

So are other parts, i'm not delusional, but really my Knees!!!  how does that happen?  Does your body say to it's self "whoa there!  belly is maxed out, so it her hind end so keep on moving boys,  (boys are the cause of fat, i'm sure so therefore for fat will be identified as male) there you go....just a little farther, as others are sure to follow and will surely deposit themselves in her thighs, so it's the knees for you"  Really, this has got to be the dialogue that takes place. 

Even at my chubbiest i've never really had body image issues.  I've always been pretty happy just the way I am.  I grew up with 2 heavy set parents.  One, my father never seemed to give it much thought.  Probably because he was the smallest in his family as they were all really large.  My mom on the other hand was "big boned", the product of 2 relatively small people and never seemed happy in her own skin.  Ever.  :(  I even over heard her once tell a friend on the phone "i never wanted to have a girl because i never wanted her to be big like me."  Mind you when i overheard this convo I was far from large.  As in miles away.  Dr.'s used to tell me i needed to gain weight!  (can you imagine)  If they could see me now & what success i've become!  ;p  haha

I look at it this way, I'm not the biggest, nor the smallest. I'm me and whatever the size, pound, etc...I am who I am.  At no point has my shape, size ever defined me nor do i believe it ever will. 

But really?  My knees.!  ahaha I really have to laugh about it because ...well, frankly i find it amusing.  Curiously amusing.  What's next?  My ankles...thus becoming cankles?  And if fat, thick or full ankles are cankles what does that make my fat, thick knees?  cknees?  (jw)

I came painfully aware of my cknees when the "fat" surrounding my knee cap continued to move once i became idol.  really?  YES!  I was so astonished that i tested what i was feeling, and sure enough ....continued movement.  drat!  haha

So, as a result of my recent discovery of my cknees and in a attempt to avoid cankles, i have resumed my exercise program: zumba & walking!  I'm in search of the day when i wrap up a zumba routine and my cknees STOP moving too!  And who knows with luck....the more important result will be achieved....an improved over all health. 

You see, God has added one more day to this year to accomplish my goal...it's as though He's said "ok, you just need a bit more time!....you got it! in the form of Feb. 29!  Now get to it!"  So I'm off on a mission.  (& better yet, i'm not alone!)

Hello & goodbye cknees! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saying, you might paint faces on them and give each a name. Never be lonely again. Just my thoughts.