Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I just gotta say...

Last night I took in a high school basket ball game between the Oak Hill Golden Eagles and Northwestern Tigers (?...not sure if they are tigers, but sure it was NW lol)  And what a game!  So good in fact it took 3 extra periods just to wrap it all up.  Although the team I was rooting for didn't come out with the 1 point advantage needed for a W, they experienced many victories on the court and unless they're made of stone, were or will be rewarded with personal victories as well.

Now I'm no coach and I certainly won't profess to be.  I am however a spectator an even more so a fan.  I'd say I'm a fan of the sport, but as I've matured, I find myself being more of a fan of sportsmanship, effort, encouragement, and stick-to-itiveness.  I witnessed each member of both teams playing with all they had.  I'm guessing many are sore, tired, and still mentally exhausted today from their efforts last night.  Two young men fouled out of the game in the OT's, both I believe were seniors.  And for young Mr. Spaulding it would be his last game on his high school court. Bittersweet.  So is the case for all the OH seniors who played last evening and as for the underclassmen, so many lessons to be learned from one game in my opinion. 

Overall it was an all-around effort for a W not just by the players on the court, but also from their bench, O-club, cheerleaders, and even the fans.  Last night can hardly be considered a loss.  When so much was overcome.  Congratulations to the Team, Coaches, and to the Fans.  I don't know about you but I'm excited for some IHSAA sectional action!  Let's go Oak Hill Golden Eagles!

No comments: