Sunday, March 25, 2012

I can only imagine...

I can only imagine what a birthday in heaven is like.  And in doing so many visions come to mind worldly and out-of-this-worldly.  What it must be like to be with those who have gone before and your heavenly Father all together.  I hear a choir of angels singing a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday, and envision the very breath of heaven extinguishing the candles.  My vision goes back and forth from something very animated and sweet as thought it were from the movie Bambi or Snow White, to Mtv's Sweetest, Blingiest birthday bash ever! And is she celebrating number 75 or 1?  I think 1. 

No matter the details I do know today you are without pain.  Today you are not alone.  Today you are remembered here.  Today you are missed. 

If there's food in heaven I hope you're enjoying the finest steak grilled by the master!  If there's a celebration of you in heaven today I hope you know that one day I too hope to join in that celebration.  But since I'm here I'll take today to remember you, privately celebrate you and thank God for you as my Mom, and my friend.

Happy birthday Momma,

I love you loads!  Miss you bunches.

kel

No comments: