Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the title of this post...It's Tuesday!

Hello Mr. Obvious, it's Tuesday.  Nothing too special about today.  Just gonna take this time to get some things outta my head.

I was excited that I had a message from Kat this morning.  In addition to buying a biscuit, she bout shoes.  Really expensive shoes she said!  Leaving her enough money for her 1 meal a day (she thinks).  I feel partly responsible for this.  You see the shoes were Lacoste and only sold in Paris thus mandating the purchase.  Some how without having ever purchasing for her any Lacoste items, as they can be hard to come by and expensive, I have managed to share with her my love for ALL things Lacoste thus I'm sure without a doubt causing her to see the value in the shoe and desire to have it!  I've never had nor seen a Lacoste shoe but am sure it's splendid!  (think I'll google a pic as soon as I am done here) Ok, couldn't wait on the google, and no matter the style they're GONNA ROCK!  I can't wait to see them!  *Ahhh the finer things!*

Later today Matt & I are gonna go to the movies!  What a blessing to have time to be with him daily.  I've learned so much about my son.  However, I had to go through pics from 5-10 years ago for Andy and in doing so I noticed (sadly) that as the years passed it seemed as though the joy in my sons eyes did too.  Heartbreaking.  I called Andy in to show him what I was seeing, asked if he noticed it too and he did.  He attributed it to just being a boy and growing up.  I wasn't so convinced.  It really caused my heart to ache.  The upside, I think I see the joy returning.  Matthew is certainly a special young man who is wise beyond his years and probably one of the most gentle tender-hearted young guys I know.  Qualities that can be difficult for his peers to appreciate but will certainly pay-off in life.  He'll be a great husband and father someday for sure!

So glad it didn't freeze last night.  I bought a hanging flower for Moms grave on Sunday and was worried a frost would do it in.  I need to get one for Grandma & Grandpas too!  It seemed weird not to have something on theirs.  Perhaps this weekend.

I get overwhelmed at times when I think about what it would be like with my grandparents still around.  Man would they ever love my kids!  I feel certain that Matthew and my papa Ike would be the best of buddies!  And Kathryn would've been the one to learn how to make grandmas pie crust and noodles.

As I think about the future and reflect on the past of this journey - being a wife and mother, I often find myself giving great consideration to both the past examples and future opportunities.  When it comes to being a wife, I feel as though I'm floundering.  Garnering from examples set I: avoid nagging, arguments, and being the boss.  I take a back seat, offer my opinion and respect his and I love.  When it comes to the mom gig I just try to do what I can and love love love.  It is for sure the easiest and hardest thing to do all in one.  There are many areas in which I feel I've dropped the ball but other areas that I feel I've been quite successful.  I've learned over time that the most important thing for me is to be real and to be real about the things in this life that really matter.  ie, our relationships - with God and each other.

Some times I panic when I think about the years and how they fly by.  There's so much I want to do and do with my family and I feel as though in no time at all it'll be tomorrow and time and opportunity will have fleeted away.  I hate that feeling.  For it was just yesterday or so it seems this journey was just beginning.

No comments: