Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm kinda neurotic when it comes to starting things that will take some time.  I tend to not be able to just do it when ever, rather the beginning has to make sense to me.  For instance, on the 1st, a Monday, or some other logical "time" for the start of something.  So tomorrow it is, June 1 and I will be starting to...eat more healthily, walk daily & ....................................................................................................................................................................
Jog.

Yes you read that correctly, jog.  Why?  I know right?  I'm so not a fan of running for any reason other than an emergency but I got to thinking:  What is it that I have that runners do not.  Answer:  fat knees and belly fat.  So there you have it.  Truth be told I'm really not all that displeased with the shape that is me.  I'm a chub.  Rolly polly.  Jolly if you will. ;)  But I do not like my fat knees.  And, having done the Advocare 24 day challenge a few times I know this, 1) i feel better when i eat better 2) i have more energy when i eat better 3) i have more energy when i do some sort of exercise even if it is walking and 4) why not incorporate a bit of a jog into my regimen  What's the worst thing that could happen?   You see, what ever is gonna happen is gonna happen.  For it is written. 

I will weigh myself only for the purpose of encouragement/discouragement.  I will however keep a weekly tab on my knee & belly fat.  I'm curious like that. 

Joining me on my venture will be my beautiful daughter.  She's been after me to "run" with her.  Not that she's been running (she doesn't want to do it alone) and I've tried to encourage her to eat better.  So together perhaps we will have some sort of success.  (if we don't piss each other off.  lol)

So here's to the start of something.  A journey if you will.  Looking forward to it!

No comments: