So do you ever really give much thought to 'how you're doing?'?
Take a minute and think about it...
....
....
....
What exactly did you consider? Your job? Family? Relationships? Finances? Emotional well-being? Physical well-being?
Did you consider how you're doing with YOU?
I've seemed to be very reflective lately on just how I'm doing. And I think I, like our pastor mentioned a couple of weeks ago...."I'm not perfect but I'm a lot better than I used to be!" I'll chalk up all the reflection to a few things...1) the passing of my mother 2) reconnecting with so many different people from different stages of my life via social networks 3) age and maturity. I have had so many voices and words replay in my head and some made me smile while others caused me to pause and give thought and consideration to what was said....said about me. I've thought about who I thought I was, who I think I am and who I want to be. And then I've had to rethink it all and question weather or not it is at all in line with who God wants me to be. And there it is....the bottom line.
You see, I cannot define me, nor can my family, friends, social status, church, or this world. I'm defined by God. I'm an unfinished set of works and I hope I'm improving in such a manner that I am becoming better than I was and more and more pleasing to Him. For pleasing Him is really all that matters.
There are so many elements of ME that I want to improve upon and I feel that I'll get that accomplished. It is for certain a process.
So how are YOU doing?


No comments:
Post a Comment