well it's a new year and what a start. 2013!!! i think i'm gonna like you.
i was asked while doing a bit of shopping today how my holidays were and my response was good & calm. Calm! can you imagine a calm Christmas season? And of course that got me to thinking....
Thinking about how how God orchestrates things. I think the calm of this season allowed me to be more focused on Him. On his gift to us Jesus Christ. And all of my 'gifts'. And I did. And I was humbled. My home is full of memories and the ones I love the most. My heart is equally full and I was able to reflect on the past and for the first time in perhaps forever recalled good times as opposed those times that were perhaps not so good. The calm I've experienced had to come from the Lord for it's like nothing I've ever known.
I've been calm enough to see Him in action. To recognized His good works and be reassured that He is in control and His timing is perfect. That is so comforting.
In addition I'm so thankful for all that is happening for my husband and kids. Andy has worked so hard every day of our 17 years together to make life better. He's accomplished tasks I'm sure even he thought he never would and has had successes he probably never thought possible. And now this! This new place, his dream place is about to come to fruition. Seriously tears of joy fell from my face as I praised Him for absolutely everything. The lessons, the calm, His comfort. I've been broken, and humbled and blessed.
It's gonna happen. We're thankful and appreciative. We're not lucky, we're very simply blessed. For at the heart of all things in our life the one constant has been our God. His mercy has been great. I fully anticipate being a blubbering mess when all is said and done.
I don't know that I'll ever fully understand His amazing love for me...who's truly been a hot mess on many occasions in this life. But I do know it's necessary for me to share His love with others and I will not stop doing so for as long as I am here.
Amazed by His grace.....


No comments:
Post a Comment