Sunday, January 12, 2014

From the age of 5-17(18) every year for 180 days you're away from home for most of your day. Although I appreciate an education, I'm pretty selfish when it comes to time with each of you. I've loved every milestone, age, and experience. Holding you in my arms as a babe, toddler, grade-schooler, and giving you the comfort needed (and i needed) were some of my favorite times. I've been excited for each next step! And here we are.... one in her last semester of high school and another with a short 2 1/2 years left. It's hard to imagine that this time next year, Kathryn will be returning to college for the 2nd semester of her freshman year and Matt will be just that much closer to leaving the nest as well. Whoa!

What an absolute exciting time in all of our lives. Undoubtedly we're in for great changes. I can hardly wait. Time waits for no man, so my advice for us all....enjoy each moment. Pick your battles. Choose joy. And tell one another they matter and/or that you love them.

The first 18 years of this journey have been unbelievable I'm rather certain that the next 18 will be as well.

May God continue to bless us and my we continue to give Him the glory.


No comments: