Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Many times I find myself wondering how you would think I'm doing. Not necessarily on any one thing in particular, but in general. I have some bare walls, not because I don't have a vision but more so it would seem because I don't have you. As I'm planning for Kat's graduation open house I find myself with many ideas that I want to run past you. I always valued your opinion weather or not I took your advice I always valued it and considered your thoughts on any given matter. I've felt you with me every step of this planning process but would love to be able to talk things through.You always threw a beautiful party. I've big shoes to fill. And like I did you, I'm being given a bit of grief over the "planning" process by the girl. Karma...I'm sure you're rightfully so having a bit of a chuckle over it. I know I am, at times.

I feel as though I'm not just planning Kat's open house but also paying a bit of tribute to you and how you influenced me as you planned and decorated event after event. I see you on the bar stool at the island in the midst of all the hubbub talking to everyone, with your bright red lips, big smile telling everyone who will listen how proud you are of your granddaughter. You're keeping an eye on what needs filled, or tended to. *sigh* if only .....

There's much to be done but nothing too big for you've equipped me well. Bottom line tho is this....I miss you much mom. I wish you were here to experience this. But I'm so glad you're healed, whole, and not hurting.


No comments: