As i was growing up I had many ideas of what my life would be like. What it would be like for me in the moment, what it would be like in jr. high, high school, college, and life there after. I had a vision for myself and of myself. And I don't know that one vision played out as I thought it would.
I don't know if I was/am disappointed. Sure I had heartache but each experience set my course. I also remember much laughter, fun and happy moments. And truth is where I am now is right where I'd want to be. Not at all where I envisioned I'd be. But as I think back the 'plan' was one that was quite nice. ....just not for me.
I have seen the plan unfold before my eyes. I've watched a little girl grow into a stunningly beautiful woman. She has lived more, traveled more, experienced more than many people do in a life time. I've seen her accomplish goals, overcome fears, and let down walls. And I've seen her love and be loved. Call it what you will 'young love', 'a passing fancy', 'first love', whatever, but for sure it's a love that many never know.
My ideas of life in jr. high and high school were just as I dreamed they would be, even better really. And if the next chapter is anything like the first it's sure to be worth the living.
I thank God for unanswered prayers. For the crazy journey. For being the light that never dulled allowing me to find the light each and every time my choices set me on a dim course. (for there were many) I thank Him for the blessings in my life that began with Andy.


No comments:
Post a Comment