I started the year wanting to write bits of advice for my kiddos. Like any new year resolution/idea I got off to a strong start and then as the year went on my posts became less and less. I do feel however that those bits I did post were worthy. And as I wind down this year and enter into a crazy busy holiday season I've more tokens of info I want to include.
For starters, know that where you are is not where you'll remain. My daughter going off to college has reminded me of this and made me realize that this is a lesson that is tough for the younger sect. I had forgotten that as a teen you don't tend to look to far into the future, as a result the present seems so permanent. It is not. Know that every moment is changing and in every moment there's a lesson. Have faith, be patient and know that Gods plan for your life is perfect.
Tradition....I hope you value it. Some are corny while others are deep seeded in faith. Growing up my family had traditions and as a result of time/life/divorce/ those traditions sadly withered away. When I married Andy I married into a family who values traditions. It's those traditions that make the holidays all the more special. As I grow older I look forward to starting some of our own traditions with a growing family. Just one of the many things I'm looking forward to as my world changes. It's nice to know some things can be kept the same.
So there you have it. A few more tidbits to remember. I'm sure there will be additional posts before the year is out.
love mom


No comments:
Post a Comment