Friday, January 2, 2015



Had a fun, reflective end to 2014. During a trip to the grocery with my favorite fella, I ran into 2 ex's. (bf's that is) And after pleasant and very brief exchange with them, separately I was reminded how lucky I am to love and be loved by my fella and best friend, my hubby! Thank you Jesus! lol After the trip to the store we gussied ourselves up and joined some friends at Olive Garden. These were friends from High School. I specify that because it's not often we revisit our roots and get together with those folks. (that could probably stand to change) We enjoyed a good meal, had good conversation and of course laughter. One topic that came up in our convo that provided much laughter was Facebook. We all had many FB friends in common due to our HS affiliation and having grown up in such a small community and ironically we all had that "friend" in common that no one knew exactly who they were. Needless to say that provided a good chuckle. 

At the conclusion of our mealtime together Andy and I opted to part ways and just head home. Our clubbing days have came and went and the thought of some wine, a fire in the fireplace, and tv with out a house full seemed too enticing. And it was. It was probably the most enlightening time I can recall having. I knew where my children were and that they were safe and enjoying the company of their bf/gf and friends. I had been reminded earlier just how perfect this man is for me and my life, our life. And there we sat, in the home we longed for. My heart was beyond full. 

I'm looking forward to 2015 and am hopeful for the days ahead. Unlike last year it should be with out too many large events. I'm prayerful and hopeful that our houses will sell. Matthew will begin his senior year of HS. Kathryn will move home for the summer and when she returns to PU she'll be living in her sorority. God willing all of that will take place in the first 6-8 months of this new year. 

However the one thing I'm most looking forward to this year is celebrating 20 years of marriage to my best friend. I don't know when I've ever been so in love. We've been blessed for sure and seem to have seamlessly found our own happiness. I've no insight really as to the "key" to it.I only know that of the two of us I only have myself that I can control. I've taken cues from other couples, my parents, grandparents and of course in-laws (since that's the relationship he's been modeled most) and incorporated a bit of 'how Kelly would do this relationship/marriage thing' and what do you know...a 20 year anniversary awaits! 

So my motto for 2015, thanks to Pinterest I'm gonna: Put on some RED lipstick and Live a little!

No comments: