Times they are a changin!
At the ripe old age of 49 I feel at times I've gone numb. Or perhaps I've just decided to not let much of anything steal my joy. Either way I feels it's both peaceful and weird. My expectations of others can easily become a source of frustration or disappointment....should I allow it. Now don't get me wrong, I do feel a tinge of disappointment when something does not pan out as I would have hoped however somewhere in my 49 years I have learned to let it go. I have learned that my dreams for others should not dictate my level of happiness and certainly shouldn't impede upon it.
My dreams seem to be undergoing a bit of a shift. Ultimately my dream is for those I love to be happy with who they are, where they are and with the people that are in their lives. The challenge for me is sitting back, mouth shut and allowing life to happen - the good, the bad & the ugly of it all, and letting my kiddo's grow.
Feeling helpless when you have a child that suffers emotional issues is trying. Realizing that I'm quite possibly a contributing source of aggravation is difficult. My joy is diminished at the thought. Through this I am reminded that all things are possible ...... with God.
My family has grown and matured and decisions for 4 are few and far between. There are times the disappointment seems frequent .... but I have decided that's on me. I need to let go. My expectations, dreams, and desires are not shared by all. If I insist upon holding on to the disappointment will dominate and I am not willing to allow that to happen,
As my family grows, I am more and more thankful for my relationship with Christ. I can only imagine all the angst that I would be experiencing without it.


No comments:
Post a Comment