Sunday, April 10, 2016

I've got my momma on my mind.

I can't help but think of how proud she'd be of my kids, all her grandchildren actually. I often think about how she'd be physically, mentally etc... as she would've turned 80 this year. Funny, as I type that number, it just came to me. I've spent the last few months, years trying to 'off the cuff' figure out how old mom would be if she were still living and just couldn't seem to come up with it... and BOOM, 80! Mom was 30 years older than me, just as I'm 30 years older than my daughter.

Just the other day on FB I saw a picture of one of my mom's dearest friends from her class and every sunday I see another one of her classmates in church and I find myself thinking.... she won. In my eyes she never really ever looked old. Although she had many struggles physically she was able to live at home and for the most part care for herself. What a blessing.

What's with God's timing? I do believe it's perfect. With that thought in mind I would say that His timing was most perfect in calling my mom home and for so many reasons. Her health, her fear of losing her home, fear of her nursing home and even her children and all that goes on in our lives. Sometimes as I think about the state of things, I can't help but think.... 'it's a good thing mom isn't with us anymore'.


This morning a sister in Christ lost her battle with cancer and WON the battle, being called home, and being restored, FULLY!  What a glorious day.

This life is hard at times. While we're 'living' we experience loss and deal with it on a daily basis. Sometimes, as in the case of someone passing we are left to deal with the physical loss of a loved one. No more hugs, holding of hands, or kisses on the forehead. We're left with only the memory of the sound of their voice, and the feel of their touch. And then there are those instances, such as what my friend is experiencing when the loved one is still physically with her but this life has brought about a change in the course they thought they were traveling together. She's left to deal with the loss of the spouse she knew, and the hope of what would come as they grew older together.


So not really sure where this blogging blah blah blah, was headed, however I do know a couple of things 1) I'm thankful that my mom is healed, home, and she has won the race if you will and 2) I'm more than ever convinced that God's timing is both purposeful and perfect, and for that I am thankful.



No comments: