Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

I've said this before i'm sure...but I really believe that the "new year" begins in June. So many things come to an end in the month of May and June rolls in so many new things. At least this is how it is in my life. May, the end of: school year, dance, graduations etc... June, the beginning of: summer!, summer leagues, festivals, and for many 'happily ever afters'.

Today i attended 3 open house events for 2009 graduates. I could not help but think about all the opportunities that are in front of them. All 3 have decided to pursue college for the next 4 years and I wish them all the best of luck. They are all amazing young adults and I believe they'll make things happen!

Last night marked the end of another dance year for my daughter. It was a tough one. She started out strong & encouraged and then just seemed to encounter stumbling block after stumbling block. After a 3 month hiatus, she returned to dance and was able to be back on stage doing what she obviously love to do. She's a beautiful dancer, if only she knew that!

This summer could not have arrived soon enough for my family. We've never needed such a break from all that takes place august-may! It's truly a new beginning for all of us. As we get started on our 'new year' I hope we take with us the lessons learned over the course of last year and build on them. We all have room for improvement. God is not done with us yet, as we are still finding our talents.

So, here is to a NEW YEAR! May it be a happy one. May it be our year of jubilee.

No comments: