When I write in pen, I get ink all over me. When I eat I dribble down the front of me. If the ground is flat & free of clutter I'm sure to trip. The week I travel south with the family....It's warmer at home. Such is life.
It's laughable if you think about it. I certainly believe it's got to be the trip and not the destination because it's the trip that is packed with all the good stuff. The meat & taters if you will. Car rides, how much longer, mom he/she's touching me, Huh?, what? The sights, sounds and smells of a new location. It all makes the journey worth while. Especially when you know there will be a time when they'll come to an end.
Last Friday we left Indiana headed for Gulf Shores Alabama. Neither Andy or I had ever been to this location. We'd heard many good things about the area and the beaches that we decided (or rather I strongly suggested)to check it out. Our stay is a short one as I need to get back to work, but we definately decided that we'll be retuning! It's absolutely beautiful here! Some of the nices beaches I've been too. Even with the record cold temps they've been experiencing. Which by the way will be ending the day we leave for home. (charlie brown)
I'm thankful we've had the time together as a family. Next Monday, the 29th Kate will turn 14! And it reminds me that sooner than later she'll not want to hang with the rents...rather go off with friends. I'll charish and take all the family time I can get. Which also has me thinking about the kind of in-law/grand parent I hope to be someday. I hope to be near my kids and their families, enjoy their spouses and have a lot of fun, laughter, and traditions of our own. I hope they choose to continue to spend time with us. I hope we can still vacation together. I hope. I hope. I hope.
With that said...or rather bogged, I'll continue to lead my Charlie Brown existance & enjoy every min. of it. Most of which will be spent in laughter with me shaking my head because there are many things I just can't explain that happen to me.


No comments:
Post a Comment