Monday, May 3, 2010

Good Morning Sunshine....

What a beautiful sunny morning! So refreshing after an "ok" nights sleep. I prefer to wake up to the sounds of birds chirping and even the occasional barking dog. However, I've got to say the obnoxiously loud sound of my neighbors car idling for 15 +/- min. is a bit unpleasing. But a smile crept across my face as it eventually drove away. =)

I do wish I was a morning person. I feel that the simplicity of the morning would be so calming and inspiring. The sounds of nature awakening are pleasing and abundant and the sounds of life as we know it are minimal. There's such a sense of calm. If only I were a morning person. Instead I begrudgingly roll out of bed tend to bladder issues, mine & the dogs' and begin the process of trying to motivate people to "get up & get at it" all the while I myself have sunken into the recliner wishing I too could still be in bed. Confession: I AM NOT the best motivator in the morning! Needless to say, getting me to engage in any other task in the morning is next to impossible.

So, just wondering...is there anyone besides me that is in touch with their inner child? Or am I all alone? This thought came to me as I was leaving the restaurant with Andy this morning. He was lagging behind so he could pay the bill. I was in the parking lot...kicking rocks. After having kicked a few around I looked around and thought to myself..."I'm pretty sure I've been the only 43 year old in this parking lot this morning kicking rocks" lol. It made me smile. I like my inner kid! who more times than not is an "outtie". I've got to admit I'm a bit like Peter Pan. I don't want to grow up. I've met several grown ups and observed them and I'm just not convinced it's the way to go. The laughter has lessened the seriousness has increased and for most simple fun just doesn't exist. I love to laugh, being too serious gives me a headache and I don't want to do it if there isn't going to be any fun.

So, I found out this morning that Andy has taken the next 2 days off tear apart our house in Amboy. Crews are lined up to assist in this project. Here's to hoping they are productive and get a lot accomplished. Remodeling 2 houses at the same time is NOT fun! Much prayer will be needed for patience & grace just to get us through this process. Since he was home we went to Socials for breakfast, another date. He told me I spent to much on breakfast Saturday morning and asked if I could cut back. lol. I informed him that I was preparing to eat up some left overs when he invited me out, that my left overs were FREE and if he wanted my company he shouldn't put limitations on it. He then offered to just buy me coffee & I could walk on home and enjoy my left overs. hahahahaha! I love that guy, & it's a good thing! FYI: I altered my usual order to fit with in the parameters of our budget. That my friends is the give & take of a relatively healthy marriage, in my opinion. (side note: it's that darn extra crispy bacon that puts me over! if only they offered meat with the omelet)

Well, thanks for stopping by. If you have recently experienced a "kid moment" perhaps you'd like to share. If not, I challenge you to find your inner kid & reconnect! Feel young again!
& Have a happy first Monday in May!

No comments: