(Recap) Plan: Thursday 4/29....attend my first ever Vera Bradley Factory Sale in Ft. Wayne.
Actual day: Visited my mother-in-law in hosp. instead because the VB facebook page kept reporting ridiculous lines!
***Remember, I'm not a HUGE fan I just wanted to attend the madness once this lifetime.
Plan: Friday 4/30....Pick Kathryn up from school and go to Vera Bradley Sale.
Actual afternoon event: Drove all the way up to Ft. Wayne and within 1 mi of the Sale heard the announcement that the line had been cut off for the day. **RECORD BREAKING NUMBERS IN ATTENDANCE** "please return Saturday at 8 am or Sunday at 10 am." NEVER MIND! So, we shopped at Borders Books and the scrapbook place in the mall. Kate tried on some fancy dresses, and then we ate at Applebee's. In case you didn't notice...NOT THE PLAN! LOL There's always next year. Right?
On a brighter note, today was a beautiful day. We were in the mid 80's and had a wonderful breeze to keep the air moving. I enjoyed the time with Kate! We rocked out on the way home. Between the two of us we knew every song and its lyrics that played all the way home! Fun Fun Fun! Had to have a conversation today with Matt regarding his grades. Certainly not his best work in a couple of his classes. He is so DONE. Golly that boy is so much like me! He just does NOT get along with his homeroom teacher (to say the very least). I feel they have a mutual disdain for each other. He's a tricky one to discipline/motivate. Like me, if I come down too hard on him he'll completely shut down because that he has control over. He doesn't care what punishment comes his way...1) it'll eventually come to an end. 2) he knows we'll suffer along with him 3) he's in school 7 hours a day surrounded by friends so the hours at home where the punishment is enforced is minimal. When disciplined at school is favorite place to be sent is the office. According to him you can find out all kind of things while sitting in the office. ISS...even better! he loves loves loves the solitude of it! He doesn't have to deal with the his homeroom teacher & "any of the other idiots that are there". UGH! So, I opted for a pleasant tone, asked him what solution he had for the low marks and encouraged him to "shut up" the teacher who is causing him so much frustration by improving his marks, giving 110%..."that'll show her"! She's managed to convince him he's not worthy of being in the accelerated class...he's not as "good" as the other kids...& that he's just not as smart as any of them! (sweet huh?! NOT) I think he bought into it. I certainly hope so. Only 4.5 more weeks left of 6th grade! Past experiences I've witnessed has been the students that the 6th grade teachers don't particularly care for tend to be well received at the jr. high! ....Let's hope so! He & I both are so ready for him to be inspired, encouraged, accepted, challenged and lifted up. Needless to say, prayers are needed and appreciated. He's such a good kid and really needs a TEACHER to believe in him.
So, as you've read...just another day of rolling with the punches! At least I didn't suffer any at the hands of a crazed purse lady! Since attending this event is on my bucket list of things to do I hope to have the opportunity NEXT year.
Later!


No comments:
Post a Comment