Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The numbers are falling...

174 days of school left this school year. & 234 lbs down from 248. woo hoo.

That is where we are with this Wednesday edition of "would you like fries with that?"

Now this is kinda exciting. I've never really been a numbers person before. I'm all about the people. However since taking the 24 day challenge I've become more aware and somewhat inspired by the decreasing numbers. This is my 24th day. I feel great and i've lost 14 lbs. I had hoped for 15 but hey, the day's not over with yet. And 14 isn't too shabby. Prior to the 24 day challenge NO WAY would I have wanted to or even attempted to walk any distance for any other reason than to get to said destination. And honestly I would've huffed & puffed and been pissy about it. Not any more. Day 8 of the challenge I really felt like I needed to get up & do something. Walking was my answer. Day 1 = 1 mile; Day 2 = 2 miles; Day 3 & 4 = 3 miles. Today is day 5 and I'm taking the day off because of other things that have come up but I am looking forward to tomorrow. And next week who knows perhaps 4 miles will be walked! In addition to the lost pounds I feel great and it seems as though I've lost inches. Sure wish I would've measured my parts prior to starting this program but here's what I know. I've been an 18 for most of my post children years. And a comfortable one at that. It was a friendly number. I could still wear it somewhat comfortably at my heaviest 248 and even more comfortable at 225. However at this new 235/234 number my trusty old size 18's are extremely roomier. I promise I've NOT dropped a load in my pants nor am I getting in touch with my inner thug...my pants just droop! & That my friends is a good thing.

174 days left in this school year. It's like counting down until Christmas for me. I've never been a huge fan of summer (humidity) but as my children grow older I sure do enjoy hanging around them. Time with Matthew is comforting & comical & trying. Just being with that kid is comforting to me. I'm not sure why exactly. We don't always have to have dialogue. Just knowing he's hanging with me gives me a sense of peace. Comical because he comes up with some crazy things and when you least expect it. Trying at times because he's a mini-me. Looks like a Van Ness and acts like me.
oi vey! Not sure I know how to handle "me" as few including myself have ever had much success. With Kathryn it's like we have some sort of super power! Completely corny but it's totally true. Often we know what the other is thinking, we say the same thing at the same time and no matter how obscure we often recall a moment in time that becomes pertinent once more. These things tend to annoy the boys in our family. We however get a kick out of them. Kathryn is very much like her daddy. That fact is promising as he's one of the finest humans I know. So, I'll continue to count down until we get our time together again, sleeping in, swimming, vacationing, and hitting the camp circuit.

Today is off to a great start! Skies are blue, sun is peeking through and temps are tolerable.

No comments: