Monday, August 16, 2010

Walk n & talk n ...great start to the day

176 to go...Check that 175 as I forgot to post yesterday...this is a 2 parter!

Beautiful day today! finally a break in the heat! Beautiful skies and the sound of the worlds loudest cricket in our office! Really...come'on cricket, take it out side it's beautiful out! The ladies and I walked 1 additional mile today...3miles! woo hoo & yay I feel great! So thankful to have ladies to walk with. It certainly makes the time and walk far more doable. The extra mile can be attributed to the construction taking place on the bridge. Perhaps a sign indicating "bridge out" would've been helpful. ...just a thought.

Took my kids to school today for the 1st time this year. FUN! we giggled and laughed all the way there. Hopefully that'll make for a good day for the both of them. Matthew has to present his monologue to his Literature class tomorrow. I'm trying to get him to sing it ala Taylor Swifts Saturday Night Live monologue but he doesn't seem to think he can make it through it without cracking up! But it would be memorable.



tuesday: 175 left in the school year count down! all went surprisingly well again this morning. I'm always hesitant to type that! for fear it'll backfire on me. Today I got in another 3 miles! kinda exciting. Perhaps I could've gone a bit further had I had my good shoes & had worn socks. As it was only 3 & a menacing blister on the ball of my right foot.

Yesterday while walking I was telling the ladies about how most of our meals during the 24 day challenge have consisted of a steamed veggie via the microwave and grilled chicken with barbecue sauce. Needless to say when Andy asks' what was for supper & i rattled off the same old option he is less than pleased. Well thanks to Heather who was sharing her supper option which was chicken in the oven drizzled with honey and topped with bread crumbs, I got an inspiration. When I got home from walking I loaded up the crock pot with chicken breast, squeezed a liberal amount of honey mustard on top and topped all of that with crumbled Italian flavored croutons. One word...YUM! A total hit! Even with the kids as they fought over who would be eating the last piece. This is certainly a must do for future meals. So easy and oh so tasty!

No comments: