After my 2mi walk this morning my friend Heather & I were discussing books. Sadly due to the measly amount remaining on her B&N gift card she's been reduced to reading the freebies for her electronic book thingy. Smut as she referred to it. You know, Romance Novels. This of course made for interesting conversation. :P And it got me thinking (go figure) with all the hot & bothered romance that takes place in these books I'm convinced that they are written by 1) virgins or 2) extremely frustrated women. Why? well lets get real shall we. After a certain age foreplay becomes something other than anything like what is written. Few men could ever measure up to the leading man in the novel. And really, who has time & energy for all of that anyway! It's the stuff that dreams are made of. lol. Perhaps that's why I don't bother with any of it. The potential for disappointment in an area that's not at all disappointing would be there so why go down that road. ;) I'll just keep it all real with my man.
I suppose the same could be said about chick flicks and tv/movie romances. I do love the chick flick but have to keep it real. I often find myself "breaking it" to my daughter that seldom does it, love, happen as it does in the movie. The guy usually isn't that dreamy, certainly not that romantic, and real life doesn't even come close in comparison. Not that there isn't the potential for the knight in shining armor but even the best silver tarnishes and most metals dent. Even the most ideal mate won't make for the most ideal life. Happiness with oneself 1st will allow you to find happiness with others. Being accepting and acknowledging ones own imperfections allows us to me tolerant of those in others.
Well, 173 days left. I passed on last nights meet the teacher events. I found it interesting though the time frame of it all. HS met from 6:30-8; JH met 6-7:30 with PTO meeting afterward @ 7:35. I have kids at both schools. The recommendation on the letter for parents w/ kids at both places was to see HS teachers at 7:30 so it would be possible to attend the JH session 6-7:25. Hummm...but what if I'm interested in attending the PTO meeting you know the PARENT Teacher Organization. Now here's why this is interesting to me. Most know I worked at the JH for 4 years. The P's of this organization were not really encouraged to attend. A "T" I know who attended as a "P" was advised to NOT (yes you read correctly) attend or get involved. Further more "P"'s are picked by the JH Principal to act as Pres. & VP. So I found it interesting that parents would be discouraged (if you will) in attending the PTO meeting. Really I only wanted to attend the meeting. As it is the only one that is usually held based on past years. I was curious to see if anything had changed and was looking forward to offering up ideas on how to have a successful active PTO. But decided I really didn't want the fight. ...with the head "P".
I didn't attend Kates meet the teacher either. I've already met them. They're nice & competent. And I walked her schedule w/ her the day before school started so I didn't feel it necessary to do it again.
Matt didn't drink his spark yesterday....when he got home he was one dead dog. :/ I don't think he'll make that mistake again. Well, if you can call it a mistake. He forgot to take his lunch in the morning so I dropped it off to him at the school. At 11 am.. Lunch is at 11:25. Plenty of time right...WRONG! The office didn't get it to him before lunch and had the helper take it to him with about 10 min. left. At this point he had already gone through the lunch line. No wonder he felt like crap yesterday!
Well...that's it for me today...I just don't want to type anymore! ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment