oksohereitgoes.....
Went away for the weekend with our jr. sr. high youth for THAT THING! 33 youth from Mt. Olive, Fairmount UM & CCC attended. We really had a great time, worship was fun, message was awesome and with luck lives were changed. Hope to return next year for another great experience.
Monday took my momma to a Rhuematologist (sp), was this ever an interesting experience. For 15 years (min.) she's been suffering & seeking treatment, relief for what she thought to be rheumatoid arthritis and fibermyalgia (sp). After having reviewed her medical records the Dr. informed her she didn't have either of the afflictions mentioned above rather she was suffering from GOUT! REALLY?!? for 15 years? Untreated and undiagnosed except when it would flare up in her foot. I couldn't believe it. I picked up a brochure on Gout and read through it and wow....my mom is the poster child for chronic gout sufferer's. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. After countless Dr. appointments and many meds with virtually zero relief FINALLY a Dr. that acknowledged the pain, and seemed to have answers and sensible treatment options. I'm a mixed bag of emotion. Thankful and hopeful this Dr. is correct. Annoyed and irritated that for the 15 years of misdiagnosis. Grrrrr.
Well, it's Tuesday 8/31/10. I was able to get my walk in this morning. Did a little banking (ick) and got all of my hairs cut. :) A hair cut always feels good. Kathryn is home sick from school today...Bronchitis. Bummer. Matthew plays in his 1st football game tomorrow. He's excited and bummed all at the same time as he was beaten out for a 1st string position and didn't get put on any special teams. I told him to not let that defeat him. To keep fighting week to week and when given the opportunity to play to give 125% and leave it all out on the field. The season is just getting underway and I've no doubt that he'll earn a starting spot. Heart and desire should count for something right?
And now for some random thoughts. Recently at youth we discussed how God uses unlikely people for things He wants done. Well, this got me thinking (i know, i know...you've heard those words before) thinking about unlikely friends if you will. How do you pick your friends? Or do your friends pick you? For me it seems as though friends I've made in my adult years have chosen me. I kinda like that. I wonder often why God has put certain people in my path but have been thankful for each one of them. Even the irritating ones (who i'm pretty sure are not reading this tee hee hee). Kathryn made an observation regarding my friendships the other day and basically said she thought they were confusing. Some she understood and others left her scratching her head. I've even had that feeling at times. As I've gotten older and the friendships more diverse I've often thought how odd it would be if all my g/f's were to show up at a party. Some of my friends don't even like one another and others have never met. In addition they come in all ages. On FB alone I have 1,597 friends. Now keep in mind most of these are acquaintances but among them are friends, new, old, close, distant and a few who have never met me personally (fb gamer folks) but nonetheless they've been tagged as a friend. Unlikely or not God has a plan for the people He puts in our path. And I think we need to slow down and take the time to appreciate them and allow His plan to unfold in the acquaintance/friendship. My unlikely friends are some of my favorite. Just a thought.


No comments:
Post a Comment