Friday, September 3, 2010

my apologies...


Not that it matters but you might notice I didn't blog yesterday. Kate was home sick again and for whatever reason I just have zero creativity or thought when she's here. I guess she sucks it all out of me. (jk) Good news is she doesn't have bronchitis. Just a cold that has triggered a flare up of her asthma and seasonal allergies. Yay for us for getting her started on the hydromet only other meds needed were her inhaler. So that's good news. A nice long weekend will help also. I too am suffering from Allergies as well and so is Andy. He gets shots on a regular basis yet sounds like I do. Pretty much convinced me to pop a pill & deal. It's just part of life in Indiana. Pollen, harvest, grass, trees, hay, you name it and the counts for it are high and we are suffering. Oh well, this too shall pass. All the while I'll wonder what life would be like in Colorado! ahhhh....

Last time I blogged I mentioned that Matthew would be playing in his first football game. He did, and he did an awesome job. So So proud. It was a totally different experience for me though. A huge football fan I love going to the games. Watching the plays unfold; taking in the sights and sounds of all that's happening on the field. Or in the case of my daughters games, watching the cheerleaders as well as the game. But having a boy out of the field adds an entirely different dynamic to watching. I'm not really sure I saw much of the game. But never took my eyes off of #73! I was so proud. It was exciting to watch him block. He played 3 positions, right & left tackle and nose guard. He wasn't accustomed to left tackle and on the 1st play in that position he was offside but but other than that a fabulous job! I also tried to video him so that Andy would be able to see some of his play as he was out of town this week and had to miss the game. In doing so I discovered 1) I'm horrible at taking video and 2) I need to bring an 'extra' along with me to do the job. Aside from feeling proud of him and his effort, I was excited for him. You could see the joy in his 'swagger' if you will as he came on & off the field. I could tell my boy was having a blast! (i knew it). The 7th grade came away with a victory! 22-8. Next game is tuesday and I can't wait.

Holiday weekend is approaching! As well as some fall temps! woot woot! Andy & I will be heading up to Southbend for the PURDUE v. nd game. I'm excited and apprehensive all at the same time. nd aren't quite the football power house they used to be and Purdue is always unpredictable. The first game for both squads should prove to be interesting. I have a feeling I'll be a total mess the entire time. Last time I was in nd stadium, Brees was QB and for the 2 or 3rd year in a row we lost in the final seconds of the game. That, my friends makes for a L O N G drive back to Swayzee, In. So here's to what I hope will be a BOILERMAKER victory!

Loves: Andy, kids, football, ike & pj, great in-laws! Prayers: friends with health issues.

Until...??? who know's hopefully sometime this weekend!

No comments: