Well this Thanksgiving break went a bit different than in years past. Different location for the meals. Family members not in attendance and the addition of others. Overall it was enjoyable. Certainly a time to reflect and give thanks for all the many blessing in our lives.
At Ed and Ej's we had our traditional Thanksgiving readings. Poems, scripture and prayers left over from Thanksgivings past at Granny Anderson's. And as tradition dictates most sang and struggled through singing "Be Present at Our Table Lord". Only aunt Peggy & Valarie & girls were able to join us but the food was great & so was the time together! Next stop was to my nieces house for dinner with my side of the family. Again good food & my favorite cream cheese/tortilla roll ups (thanks kim). Once dinner was over we enjoyed several games of Uno attack, scategories and clue. Good times.
Black Friday sent us out with the masses. This year however both of the kids went along. Not so sure Andy enjoyed it much this year but overall the day was a success. Lunch was a Houlihans with Anne. Conversation & food were both good! Deep fried pickles for an appetizer and my salad get 2 thumbs up! Amazingly we were able to actually get surprises for the kids. All in all the time together was priceless. I feel very fortunate that at age 12 & 14 my kids still want to "hang" with me. Pretty sure when I was that age I was so over my parents.
Saturday was the annual Oaken Bucket game. Another 1st this year as Matthew came along. The Williams' were unable to attend and the same for Sherri as her mother passed away thanksgiving day. We enjoyed a tailgate at a seed company courtesy of Brian Farley. (thanks) Sadly the Boilers couldn't come up with the W. After the game we headed home to take in the Oak Hill girls & boys games. Both got the W. :)
Sunday...consider us all pooped! Andy went to church alone to fulfill his ushering duties. Kate slept until 12:30, Matt & I just relaxed, put lights on the tree and did a whole lot of nothing. We participated in the Annual Turkey Bowl(adults won!) and returned home to chill for the evening.
The best part about this break was with out a doubt time spent with my kids. This morning as Matt readied himself for school he said "I'm gonna miss you today mom!" I don't think it can get much better than that! I'm taking it easy today. I've made a pot of potato soup for my favorite people. Will receive a massage at 4 and then get to watch my beautiful daughter cheer at her first freshman basketball game.
3 weeks left until the kids are home for break. I can't wait. Tis the season to really enjoy the blessings bestowed on me by my savior.


No comments:
Post a Comment