So the kids were dropped off and I tuned in and turned up KLOVE for the drive home. The DJ's were taking calls from listeners with Christmas confessions. Next on the line, Louise. Louise was somewhat difficult to understand and for a bit even difficult to listen to. Her tone was agitated, angry perhaps. Her confession: She had suffered many personal losses this year and this Christmas is missing significant people and she isn't celebrating it without them. In addition she has a 9 year old who is excited about Christmastime and the excitement is adding to her frustration and sadness.
As you might imagine the DJ's were somewhat stunned, initially, as was I for her tone didn't seem to match the emotion she seemed to be conveying. Sadness, is the emotion most would associate with missing loved ones this time of year, yet her voice seemed filled with anger. Almost immediately the DJ's asked if they could pray with/for her. Moments later a prayer was being lifted up and I too was praying with them. All I could think about was how awful she must feel and I personally couldn't imagine.
The next thought that came to mind was 'and the child shall lead them'. And I thought, if only she could see this time of year through the eyes of her 9 year old. If only. Louise didn't go into detail about the who and what of her loss but one would imagine if it was that close of a loved one that her 9 year old also felt the loss. Yet through the eyes of the child the joy of Christmastime was still being experienced.
I would assume since KLOVE is a Christian station that Louise is a believer to some extent. And I would agree with the DJ's prayer was much needed. I pray in-spite of her loss she'll feel and come to know the Love of Jesus this season. That she'll be able to know and experience the blessing of the birth of the Christ child. That she'll experience this Christmas with the eyes of a 9 year old.
Join in praying for Louise and others who might be struggling with the celebration this season. Pray that they, with the eyes of a child might enjoy the true gift of this season, and be reminiscent of time with loved ones lost and find joy in those moments that have come to pass.
With or without those we love and those we've lost Christmastime is here and the joy of the reason for this season is cause to celebrate! May there be JOY TO THE WORLD.


No comments:
Post a Comment